Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Keeping Fit with Fiber

Wow!  I always feel better after I do that! 

Not to be crude or disgusting but I'm referring to bowel movements -- something that all human beings have.  Unfortunately, many of us are running around with "clogged pipes" i.e. constipation.  If I'm feeling slightly headache-y or naseaus, I can sometimes point to the fact that I most likely need to "go"!  Once I do, it's amazing how I instantly feel so much better -- like the toxins have been released from my system.

A few years ago I drove myself to the Emergency Room while I was in agony:  I had the STRONGEST urge to "poo" but could NOT.  It was awful -- a feeling I don't wish for anyone to experience -- one that was just about sending me through the ceiling!  I will spare you most of the details except to say that the diagnosis was Impacted Bowels.  NOT a fun time.  The suggested ongoing remedy -- after the initial "band-aid":  eat more rabbit food.

Well, you can be sure I've certainly eaten more veggies and fruit, whole grains and nuts since that episode as I never want to go thru that again!  I was feeling sorry for the nurse who had to "take care" of me and in true compassionate nurse's form, she said she felt sorry for ME!  I was also told that this was something that was rather common.  Hmmmm!  What is going on?

I believe the culprit is the average American diet which is pretty much devoid of good nutrition and fiber -- AND most of us are running around dehydrated.  It is then no wonder we suffer from any number of chronic aches and pains and diseases.  When the "pipes" are constantly clogged and the "plant" isn't sufficiently watered, things begin to go awry, shut down or wither.  Not a pretty sight.

So, what are we to do?  Well, we must get back to the basics of good nutrition -- of understanding how our bodies work and what kind of fuel our bodies need to run most efficiently.  I don't know about you, but I like the KISS principle:  Keep It Simple Sweetie!  There is so much information "out there" that it can become mind-boggling -- and when our minds are bogged down and cluttered, well, we're likely to just not do anything because it's all so overwhelming.

My goal, then, is to share with you the quick and simple of good nutrition so that our bodies can operate in the fashion that the Creator intended.  Check back tomorrow for my TOP FIVE TIPS for regaining your health!

Until then, help yourself to a nice tall glass of pure, clean water; your body will thank you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment